Saturday, March 23, 2024

Vintage Visions on a Wintry Day







It had been a while since Krystal, and I’d caught up and we both fancied a change from the day to day. She posed a vintage theme of lingerie; dresses and we’d even toyed with the idea of derelict buildings as a backdrop. Ultimately, and for several reasons, we elected to shoot from her home. Good thing too, given the torrential rains.  

 

Thankfully, her home had a reasonable amount of natural light and I’d brought flashgun, soft box, portable lighting, low light prime lenses, and reflector. I shot several frames outside, from her summer house in the drizzle. Thankfully, I had the A6300 body which has some weather sealing- shot at F1.8 with a Viltrox prime lens.  The other option is sheltering beneath a smaller umbrella and shooting. However, depending on the shutter speed and other settings, it runs the risk of some camera shake, resulting in blur. 

  

Indoors, given the low cloud, I alternated between the 6300 mounted on a tripod and the A6000 with prime lens and Godox flashgun. Coffee, breaks, chat- general and business the two hours flew by. Doesn’t it always when fun’s involved. I loaded up the car and headed back to post -process our chosen favourites.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Playing with Light: In the Studio with Kym

  I do a lot of location work and lean toward natural light, but Kym invited me to come and shoot her in a studio context. We decided on a f...