Thursday, November 5, 2020

Sally







While I’ve been planning shoots with select models, I’ve not been doing very much shooting, due to the pandemic and more recently, escalation in cases. I’ve been a little cautious about working in confined spaces, although thankfully, those studios at my disposal are very well organised in this respect.

Sally is a new model who has entered via the Instagram corridor and works shoots around roles within social care- a sector I am very familiar with, courtesy of previous careers, which thawed the ice very readily.

We covered a mix of themes from very casual fashion through to lingerie, which gave me the opportunity to watch how she moved and how to pose her in the most flattering ways.

This also enabled me to get a closer look at this Leica M6, which grabbed and held my attention rather longer than the owner might’ve hoped/bargained for. Sally impressed with her open, considered approach and willingness to take direction. Talking equipment, I shot this set using my trusty Alpha 6000 and Signa 30mm 2.8 prime lens. The otherwise brilliant 50mm Viltrox (which I also carried) would’ve made things a little trickier).

The A6000 is a good default for me, especially since I’m presently in temporary accommodation, most of my camera and other belongings in secure storage. Works well in the studio and on location, compact, though handles well, even for longer periods and quite good for street photography, since its less conspicuous than an SLR, or SLR sized CSCs.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

There's Something About Mary...

Mary had never modelled before but had a background in cosplay and making her own costumes, coupled with some acting experience. Being her f...